Story by Max Cook, News Intern
Photo courtesy of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
In the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak, Governor Gretchen Whitmer has issued Executive Order No. 2020-21, which requires the temporary suspension of all activities not necessary to sustain or protect life. As it stands, Aquinas has taken measures to ensure campus services remain as available to students as possible. Noteworthy updates include:
- The Campus Safety office, residence halls, and Wege dining hall will be restricted to swipe access for remaining residential students and essential employees.
- The Campus Safety office will continue operating under normal business hours and may be contacted as normal.
- Wege will be providing “Grab-and-Go” services only. It will be operational during the following hours:
- Brunch: 11:30 a.m. – 12:30p.m.
- Dinner: 5:00 p.m. – 6:00p.m.
- All of the unused rooms will be sealed to maintain sanitation.
- Student Success and Counseling, Health and Wellness Services will be operating remotely under adjusted hours. Further service and contact information may be found under the Campus Operations Status page mentioned below.
- Grace Hauenstein Library remains closed; however, the computer lab and some library services will be available remotely. More information and a list of services may be found under the Campus Operations Status page.
- The Mail Room will be open Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Package and parcels will be sent and received. However, there will not be mail delivery across campus.
For more information, a comprehensive list of campus services and their means of contact may be found at aquinas.edu/coronavirus under the “Campus Operations Status” tab near the bottom of the page.